Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jpierce

Lenexa, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jpierce Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2009
Wed 23-Sep-09 06:49 PM

I recently completed another photo shoot with my D700. I had an SB-800 on a light stand in remote mode, the D700 set to commander mode with the pop-up flash set to -1 ev. Using a 50mm AF-D 1.4 set to f5 in aperture priority FX mode I was able to get close and obtain great background separation with no distortion. The colors and skin tones were spot on, as was exposure - the only post-processing required was cropping. I don't normally write about how great a new camera performs, but the D700 really is exceptional. I believe the D700 has finally delivered on the promise of digital imaging - configurability, image quality and ease of use that are simply superb. I don't enjoy sitting in front of a computer editing images- the more I can do in-camera the happier I am with the results. I'm sure there will be "better" cameras to come along - but I think the D700 will keep me happy for quite a while.

Jeff Pierce -
www.jeffpiercephotography.com

G