Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Would like to lock in a manual setting similar to the P* mode

moodyblue

Sothampton, BM
39 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
moodyblue Registered since 23rd Mar 2008
Tue 22-Sep-09 12:07 AM

As sophisticated as they are I think the D3 and D700 would benefit greatly by having an EV setting that could lock the shutter speed and aperture taken manually that would allow us to spin the control wheel for more creative use of depth of field.
Where time permits I am now using my calibrated light meter but it it so frustrating when say I have a reading of 250 @f13 but want to use F2.8 I would need to be autistic to reset my camera quickly. The present way of taking the hand held light meter reading and scrolling thru the shutterspeed/aperture combinations is just too time consuming. I would have thought that with such high end cameras it would be a very welcome feature.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Would like to lock in a manual setting similar to t...

G