Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Torture Test

PointColville

Lopez Island, US
112 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PointColville Registered since 16th Nov 2004
Thu 31-Jul-08 09:21 PM

My wife, an architect, asked me to photograph a well appointed house in the San Juan Islands. New D700 in hand, and temporarily alone, I pulled a shot of espresso, started some music (Glen Hansard and Martina Irglova, in case you were wondering), and then climbed into the shower with my D700, 14-24, and tripod because, as it turned out, the walk-in cedar shower provided an optimal vantage point on the master bath.

While adjusting focus my elbow touched the faucet. As it turned out, the "cold" faucet. The sky opened up. My camera and I were drenched within seconds.

Taking advantage of the setting (and losing one nicely ironed prop in the process) I toweled off the camera and got back to work.

No problems.

The end.

PS don't tell Nikon but I would pay more for the D700 than D3 (I currently own both) becaust it is more useful to me.

G