Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using AF-ON with the MC-30 remote

56chevy

Austin, US
208 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
56chevy Registered since 05th Oct 2008
Tue 08-Sep-09 11:28 AM

I have switched to using the AF-ON method to auto focus -- and am getting fewer out of focus shots now.

I have just ordered the MC-30 remote cable for my D700 (and D300) and am eager to try it out.

However -- I got to thinking about this -- and got to wondering about the following situation --

Lets say I am setting up to BRACKET 5 shots (maybe for an HDR or something). I frame up my shot, press and release the AF-ON button to get focus -- (I would have already set my camera to CL so I only have to press the remote one time -- at least I think it works that way - please correcct me if I am wrong) and my camera then fires off the 5 bracketed shots

My question is -- after the first shot of the series -- will I then lose auto focus -- in other words -- will AF-ON then turn off and the balance of 4 shots then be out of focus -- or will focus HOLD for all 5 shots in the series ?

Thanks in advance -- I would appreciate some clairification on this

Art
"Feels so good feeling good again"

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Using AF-ON with the MC-30 remote