Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
trevor

Toronto, CA
221 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
trevor Registered since 11th Mar 2003
Thu 31-Jul-08 12:57 AM

Hey everyone. I haven't posted anything on these boards for about a year now, but I just wanted to drop my 2 cents on the new D700 and how amazing it is.

First off I have been patiently waiting for this camera since Canon released their 5d 3 years ago. In the last 4 years since starting in digital photography I have owned the D2h, D2x and D200, and of those cameras the D200 is by far my favorite. Mainly for the size and image quality.

The day the D700 was announced I put my d2x up for sale and pre ordered the D700. A week before the the D700 was to arrive I sold the D2x. My worry though was that I had a wedding to shoot on July 25th (the D700 release date) and I only had one camera (D200). My partner has two cameras, canons, so I wasn't risking to much.

Anyways long story short I wasn't able to pick it up till about 12:30, because I was waiting for them to place it in inventory, I left at 1, and was at the wedding for 2pm. My girlfriend drove while I set my settings. No time for the manual, but the camera is pretty similar to the D2 series. I didn't even have time to put a battery in it at the store.

Anyways what I am trying to say is the camera preformed flawlessly. I am editing through the photos right now, and never have I ad so many keepers. I am blown away by the colours and sharpness of the images from this camera. I forgot how much I missed the 50mm on full frame and I shot a good chunk of the wedding with just it and my 28 1.4.

This camera totally pulled through better than I thought it would. I didn't push it past 1600 iso but I wish I did, because they look better than my D200 at 400 and my D2h at 200.

My only complaint is the pop-up flash. why?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D700
Reply message theRE: New D700

G