Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can't download NEFs from D700!

Bob32

Chico, US
5866 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Sun 19-Jul-09 02:45 AM

Yesterday I took four shots with my D700 with the Quality setting at NEF (RAW) + JPEG normal.This was the first time I shot NEFs with this camera. When I attempted to download the photos into my iMac iPhoto Library the JPEGs downloaded OK, but the RAW images did not. The following message appeared on my monitor:

"Unreadable Files: 4

The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data)."

(What followed was a description of the four NEF images).

I repeated this exercise a second time with the same result. Then I repeated it a third time using a different memory card. Same result: the JPEGs downloaded, but the NEF files wouldn't.

I never had this problem with my D200.

Can anybody help me solve this mystery?

Bob

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can't download NEFs from D700!

G