Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Advice needed- going to the Aquarium of the Pacific tomorrow

hey_scriv

Los Angeles, US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
hey_scriv Registered since 03rd Dec 2005
Sun 19-Jul-09 01:14 AM | edited Sun 19-Jul-09 01:16 AM by hey_scriv

Hoping someone is around who is experienced in shooting at a large aquarium. I am going tomorrow to hopefully shoot the jellyfish. I have a homework assignment on backlighting and am hoping to capture their translucency. I have several lenses in mind... NIkkor 24-701:2/8G ED, 50mm AFD 1.4, or my Nikkor 105 mm VR.

If I place the len hood up to the glass to prevent camera shake, does this also allow for more DOF if needed? I am not planning on taking a tripod or monopod as there will probably be a gazillion wee ones running around.

Thanks in advance,

Cathy Scrivnor

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Advice needed- going to the Aquarium of the Pacific...

G