Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Trouble keeping the rubber video out/dc in door closed? What to do?

markscamera

Morristown, US
1614 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
markscamera Registered since 06th Aug 2006
Thu 09-Jul-09 10:39 PM

Anyone having trouble keeping the rubber door closed on the left side of the body? It's the door for the video out/dc in and other things that pops open each time I grab my camera. I'm careful not to touch the door but it pops opens anyway. I've put a piece of gaffer tape over it for now but I'm looking for a more permanent solution. Anyone use silicone or something similar to seal the door and keep it shut while at the same time being able to access it later if need be? I don't want to glue it shut but I looking for something more permanent that gaffers tape which eventually peels off. I don't know why it opens, I've never opened it or touched it to see what was behind the door. It seems to have a mind of its own.
Mark Stephan
NAVY

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Trouble keeping the rubber video out/dc in door clo...

G