Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help Needed - With Focus Points

dbrent

Surprise, US
32 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dbrent Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2005
Wed 08-Jul-09 02:33 PM

D700 Noob here,
I've managed to get the thing into some kind of weird mode where only 1 focus point is active in the center of the viewfinder. I've tried various options in the autofocus menu settings, such as the dynamic AF area setting 9, 21, 51, etc... (although I doubt that's the issue because I don't even see an option for 1 - but that's all I've got!) For a brief time it was a single active AF point in the upper left corner...but after reseting everthing I could find, it moved to the center.

What did I do? Up to now the only controls I've been experimenting with are ISO and exposure compensation. I thought I read that there is a feature where you specify a specific focus point to be active, but I can't find it in the manual.

Thanks,
Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help Needed - With Focus Points