Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

BRNO WB Lens cap is not white balancing- What gives?

ylwdog

US
146 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ylwdog Registered since 08th Jun 2009
Mon 15-Jun-09 10:56 AM

I like to take a custom white balance rather than use the presets.

I have been using a BRNO white balance lens cap to achieve spot on white balancing in my Canon 40D. When I switched over to Nikon I purchased the D700 and began learning about my camera. I love the BRNO cap, at least w/ my Canon. When I used it w/ the Canon it always delivered accurate results.

But now on my D700 I am struggling. Using it to WB outdoors has been fine, but indoors and most noticeably under fluorescent lights it is failing miserably. I did a shoot yesterday at a studio which had two different rooms, one w/ fluorescent and one w/ tungsten and both WB came out warm, "yellow/orange". I also did a candid shoot prior to this in a local bar and then again a restaurant w/ fluorescent lighting and this is where I became aware of the issue.

I ended up using the presets in the camera,
Wondering if anyone here has specific knowledge and can advise?

thanks,

doug

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G