Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 for a 1st Time DSLR User?

mbushnell

Berkeley Heights, US
20 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mbushnell Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008
Sun 27-Jul-08 08:23 PM

Up until now, all of my digital imaging has been using Point & Shoot cameras (currently a Canon PowerShot SD900).

Just about all of my non-digital imaging has been on slide film, currently using a Nikon N90s and a Nikon F3.

My SLR lenses that I normally use are a Nikor AF 35-70 f2.8 and a Sigma 70-200 f2.8

I've been thinking about getting a DSLR, & was just about ready to get a D300, but now the D700 comes along.

The way that I understand it, if I go the D700 route, I my current lenses would provide an image of comparable size to 35mm film, whereas to get a similar sized image with a D300, I would have to get a wider angle lens, correct?

I don't know what features that I would loose by using my current lenses with a D700, so that is something that I would have to look into.

Thanks for any information.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 for a 1st Time DSLR User?
Reply message ....I would...

G