Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 lens compatability beginner questions

slip8122

US
73 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
slip8122 Registered since 17th May 2009
Sat 06-Jun-09 04:12 PM

I've recently been thinking about upgrading to a D700 (was originally going to gor for a D300, but I really want FF) from my D70s, but I find all of the lens issues a bit confusing.

I know my DX lenses won't be used to their full potential on the FX sensor, which is fine, I only have three and I'll just stick to using them on the D70, but what about 3rd party glass, like Sigma? Am I understanding it correctly to think that their DC line will work similar to a Nikkor DX, and something like a Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG would work like a normal full frame lens allowing me the full 12MP? What about a Tamron 90mm macro?

G