Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

$1k to spend. What am I missing?

P7M8

Metairie, US
295 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
P7M8 Registered since 07th Apr 2009
Fri 05-Jun-09 09:56 PM

Not sure that there's a forum that fits this so I'll post here since I'm a D700 shooter.

I have $1,000.00 in discretionary funds that I've allocated to some more equipment. After this is gone I probably won't be buying anymore equipment for a while.

I have no real specialty on what I shoot. I shoot sports, landscape, architecture, street scenes, candid event shooting, portraits and family stuff.

I have the following:
D700 w/grip and standard batteries.
SB-900
17-35/2.8
24-70/2.8
50 1.8D
70-200/2.8 VR
28-70/3.5-4.5D (beater lens)
ML-3 remote

Manfrotto w/ RRS BH-55
Manfrotto mono with RRS MH-01
RRS L-bracket
RRS Wedding Pro Flash Bracket

I have the bag necessities covered.

So, what am I missing? I'm wanting to shoot macro and am considering a 105 VR. Anything else I should look at before I make my final decision? I've thought about the EN-EL4 w/charger since some of my sports stuff seems to get missed when getting only 5 fps. I tend to overload my buffer sometimes, so maybe some Extreme IV cards are in order? I'd also like to get some studio lighting.

I know that's a lot to digest. I appreciate any thoughts and pros and cons of my wants.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: $1k to spend. What am I missing?

G