Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Depth of Field and AE-L icon issue

RWCooper

Winnipeg, CA
1019 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RWCooper Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jul 2004
Sat 26-Jul-08 04:22 PM

Hi,

I find that whenever I press the depth of field preview button it performs the depth of field preview function and the AE-L icon is displayed in the viewfinder. I have confirmed that the depth of field button is assigned the DOF function and that DOF+Dial is none. If I assign AE-L to the DOF button then I lose the DOF functionality and the AE-L icon is displayed in the viewfinder. Assign DOF to the DOF button again and I get the DOF functionality back but the AE-L icon is still displayed in the viewfinder.

Would someone else with a D700 please try this and let me know what happens.

Thank you.

Other than this I am very impressed. Still trying my various lenses but so far only my Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 Di XR seems soft wide open. My manual focus lenses are producing sharp images and my AF 80-200 f/2.8 is superb (as always).

Enjoy!

Randy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Depth of Field and AE-L icon issue

G