Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Focusing beep: Too low volume, is it a bug?

SamD_2009

Redondo Beach, US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SamD_2009 Registered since 02nd Feb 2009
Sat 28-Mar-09 10:39 PM

On my new d700 focusing beep is barely audible even if d1 option is set to high. I compared sound to my three year old d50 and found that d50 sounded like a holler contest champion compared to my d700. Today I was making some trial shots at ocean beach, surf (very weak) was muffling the beeps and only the green point in viewfinder helped to make sure that camera caught focus.
Of course, people hearing vary and my sole reference point is d50 beeper so my request is the following: Owners of d50 and/or d70(s) please compare beep sound to d700 and share your volume estimates.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Focusing beep: Too low volume, is it a bug?
Reply message btw, does anyone know what the focusing point(s) turnin...
     Reply message RE: btw, does anyone know what the focusing point(s) tu...

G