Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wide angle primes for D700

mungtongu

UK
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mungtongu Registered since 31st Jan 2009
Wed 18-Mar-09 11:39 AM

Folks, i'm another who's getting closer and closer to picking up a D700. I have a reasonable selection of FX primes (currently have a D300) and the 24-70 will have to wait until the wallet recovers.

However I have nothing shorter than the 35mm F2, and can't afford any current wide angle lens (i can only dream about the 14-24!) I'm therefore thinking about a decent older lens, ideally AF (but MF would be ok too) to save cash for now.

I've only owned nikon for a few months so know nothing about the older film generation lenses. Any recommendations? I'd also consider a wide angle zoom but it would have to be cheap and so i'd imagine the quality would severely suffer.

Any recommendations? All nikon's affordable new wide angle lenses seem to be DX only.

Cheers
Jon

G