Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wish List: Firmware Mods

Bufo55

US
233 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bufo55 Basic Member
Thu 12-Mar-09 04:53 PM

Took my new D700 out for its first extended landscape shoot earlier this week.

Overall, loved it (and love it already for events - especially available light shots). But in landscape shooting I noticed a few things that would improve the handling tremendously for me, especially since I like to shoot landscapes from a tripod with manual focus lenses and I want maximum control over exposure and depth of field.

So I've listed a few things that I hope will be changed in the firmware (if possible) in the near future. I'm sure others have noted these (and more) but I'm posting in hopes of applying more pressure to Nikon:

1. Add the focus indicator to the Live View and Info screens.
2. Add the exposure indicator to the Live View and Info screens.
3. Make DOF preview functional in Live View.

If any of these are possible already, please let me know how to set them up. I know I can get all this functionality through the viewfinder, but I'm sure that others with aging eyes understand why I'd like these features. Thanks.

PEACE,
Steve

G