Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Discussion re Prime Lens

wmcy

Charlotte, US
977 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wmcy Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2006
Wed 18-Feb-09 06:26 PM

I am a happy D700 user and would love to have the 24-70 f/2,8 but can't quite afford yet. I am currently shooting with a Tamron 28 - 75 f2.8 and am fairly satisfied. ( I also have the 70-300VR, but seldom use. Here's my situation/question. I bought the 50 f/1.8 a while ago and NEVER really used it. This past weekend, I took a few low-light shots with the 50 1.8 on the D700 and was extremely impressed. I am now thinking about picking up several fast primes instead of lusting for the 24-70. I shoot everything - but particularly like street photography and landscapes/cityscapes. Any feedback from primarily-prime users is appreciated. Additionally, if I were to go the prime route, what are some of the best lenses based on our experience? If it is easier pointing me to former posts, please provide a link.

Thanks for any and all feedback. And, again - I truly enjoying the Nikonians community and all that I've learned being a part of it.

Wm.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Discussion re Prime Lens