Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D 700-Need help with WB/Kelvin & Focus area

Zapple

New York, US
66 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zapple Registered since 10th Jan 2005
Sun 15-Feb-09 02:57 PM

D700 is a week old and I have a few questions.

1. What is the Kelvin equivalent of each of the camera's preset WB? (Fluorescents, incancesdents, flash, shade, sunlight,...)

I've been playing around with the temp settings while in a gym with terrible lighting, its been in between presets and I am slowly working my way through the basics before I get to any custom or advanced settings.

2. Focus Area> Why not use the 51 point most of the time and recompose?
2a. For some reason I am trying to process that there is a relationship of shallow DOF and using the 9pt Focus area. For example taking a picture of a face , focusing on the pupil, recomposing to frame both eyes, Full face taking up 70% of the frame. Is there a difference in the appearance of the DOF and the focusing? The obvious answer is and I did, take the picture and see for yourself. I didn't see one which brings me to my question above.

The first week with 700, Fill in the ________ Happy!

Zapple

Www.zapshots.zenfolio.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3539962/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G