Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pindy

US
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pindy Registered since 28th Dec 2008
Wed 11-Feb-09 06:41 PM

I have custom function F9 set to "Playback and Menus—ON". This allows me to use the main dial to flip through shots and the sub-command dial to change the view from blinkies, histograms, etc. I find that when the camera is set to auto-chimp mode (playback happens after every shot) I can't make changes to the aperture, for example, without taking the camera out of playback mode first. Obviously, one mode effectively disables another. Is there a way to get auto-playback AND the dial control during playback but not have to press so many buttons to get the camera to realize that I want to make changes to the exposure? There is that CF... something about release to use dials or something and I don't have my manual on me.

Perhaps I have to suck it up and press the shutter button.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CF F9 Question

G