Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Workflow Problem Going From CNX2 to Lightroom

Steve6344

Aventura, US
517 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Steve6344 Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012
Mon 20-May-13 01:19 PM

My workflow for non-IR images is to start in Lightroom 4 and then go to Photoshop if necessary. For my IR images I have started using Capture NX2 to open the RAW NEF file and set the white balance.

All good so far. If I save as a NEF and import into LR, the new whitebalance is lost and the image looks 'as shot'. As a workaround I have been using the CNX2 'Open With' option which goes directly to Photoshop. Photoshop opens the image as a tiff and preservs the new WB setting.

As an experiment in CNX2 I saved the image as a TIFF and then imported it into LR. Now the new white balance was preserved. So I can go from CNX2 to LR if I save the image in CNX2 as a TIFF. It didn't seem to make a difference whether I check the 'embed ICC profile' box.

So my question is why am I losing the wb setting if in CNX2 I save the image as an NEF (no XMP file seems to be created). Am I doing something wrong.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
Visit my website.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Workflow Problem Going From CNX2 to Lightroom

G