Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
domer2760

Ann Arbor, US
1206 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
domer2760 Moderator Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Awarded for his expertise in IR & Macro photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010
Sat 23-Mar-13 01:27 AM | edited Wed 27-Feb-13 11:24 PM by domer2760

I posted a version of this in the portrait and studio photography forum but I thought I would share this one with the infrared group. This is an impromptu portrait of my friend Vicki. For those of you who are wondering, Vicki's hair is white and her eyes are brown. Interesting things happen in IR photography.

IR captures produce porcelain-like skin tones and I just went with it. Post processing included levels, contrast, sharpening, and BW conversion in Adobe CS5. At the end, I threw away the green and blue channels as Mark (LastDaylight)suggested. (and you thought I wasn't paying attention!)

D90IR (720nm filter), 105mm f/2.8 VR, f/3.0, 1/125 sec, ISO 320, handheld.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Infrared Portrait