Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Atlantis resting in the VAB

2pixels_short

Anchorage, US
892 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
2pixels_short Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Registered since 16th Oct 2003
Fri 09-Nov-12 04:30 PM

I was fortunate to be at Kennedy Space Center during a narrow window of opportunity. The VAB was open for tours and Atlantis was inside awaiting relocation to her new permanent display. She was in High Bay #4.

This is actually two images merged in PhotoShop CS5 as my lens was not wide enough to get the whole vehicle.

Click on image to view larger version

I was amazed at the interior of the VAB and could almost feel the spirit and the energy of those who had labored in the building on the various missions stretching back over the years to 1966. One other item struck me. The floor was rough concrete that was fairly dirty. I had expected a high gloss epoxy finish to permit easy clean-up. Still, it was way cool to be inside.

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

G