Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MCAS Miramar Air Show

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Mon 15-Oct-12 03:55 AM | edited Tue 16-Oct-12 05:16 AM by Clint S

Here are a few photos from last Friday's air show. There are more photos at my MCAS Miramar Gallery - comments are welcome.

I was using a D800 and had a few problems, probably a compilation if settings that produced some oddities, such as the more exposure compensation I added the wilder the in-camera went. So I finally just reset everything. There some unique photos almost straight out of the camera (no Photoshop) - now if I can just figure out what all the settings were so can duplicate the effects!

Click on image to view larger version

There quite a bit of cloud cover from an early morning rain. I caught this plane just as it was coming out from under the clouds when the sun lit it up. The combination of the sun, smoke, and vapor from the plane accelerating to near the speed of sound led to a very nice effect.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MCAS Miramar Air Show