Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any problems hand carrying equipment to Philippines?

cyneuge

San Jose, US
125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cyneuge Basic Member
Mon 04-Dec-06 08:38 PM

Kumusta everyone! I'm yet another Pinoy who's forgotten how to speak his native language, but then again, I left the Phils when I was four years old, and now, I'm REALLY old!

Anyway, I'm planning on a trip back to the Philippines next week, and I was wondering if anyone had any problems hand carrying their equipment on the plane. I'll be flying out of LAX on Philippine Airlines, and I've been told they have a 15 lb. limit on hand carries. I'm carrying a backpack with a D2X, 28-70mm, 17-35mm, 70-200mm, flash, laptop, and a few sundry accessories which all total to more than 15 pounds. I traveled in April to the Philippines with the same backpack and equipment and somehow managed to escape the weighing process, probably because they thought it was an ordinary backpack. However, with the heightened security, they may actually weigh it this time. I really do not want to check in my camera equipment if at all possible!

Has anyone had any problems carry their camera equipment on board? Salamat po!

"Never judge a book by it's cover - take a look at the photos inside first". - me

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any problems hand carrying equipment to Philippines

G