Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yosemite advice

Leighgregory

Swindon, UK
1614 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Leighgregory Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2006
Fri 21-Feb-14 05:20 PM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I have booked a trip to California for September this year.

We're flying in to San Francisco and have 3 weeks to travel around the area. My to do list is visit a National Park for a week or so, probably Yosemite.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for must see locations in the park, I'd love to be able to capture some mountainous landscape photos, I'm also keen to photograph some wildlife, although spending days in a hide won't be an option as I'll need to consider my girlfriend too. I'd also love to see the redwood tree's (I think that's what they are called?).

We're both keen hikers so heading in to the hills for a day or too will be an option. In the UK we have Ordinance Survey maps, for hiking we use a scale of 1:2500. Are there maps like this available of Yosemite? If so could you let me know the name so I can order on line to be able to plan our trip before hand?

I realise there will probably be a million different answers to my questions but thought I'd try some local knowledge before trawling the web...

Thanks

Leigh

A Nikonion in Swindon, UK.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Yosemite advice