Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rent or buy telephoto lenses for trip to Alaska

GWHITSON

rockville centre, US
69 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
GWHITSON Registered since 29th Aug 2006
Fri 21-Jun-13 02:41 AM

I'm taking a photo trip to Alaska in August. I am primarily a wildlife photographer and have a 16-32, 24=70, and a 24-300 lenses. Since this is a once in a lifetime trip I was either going to rent a high end fixed lens such as the Nikon 400 w a teleconverter or buy a lenses. The Sigma 150-500 lens seems a good compromise between price and IQ. I'm not positive I will get enough use out of the sigma but probably get at least a fair amount.

I'd appreciate any thougts on this issue including lens suggestions or ways to think through this issue.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rent or buy telephoto lenses for trip to Alaska

G