Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kenya Safari - Highly Recommended

avidude

US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
avidude Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Mar 2007
Tue 25-Sep-12 01:41 AM

After a lot of planning and some advice from helpful Nikonians (thank you Ned), In early August I went to Kenya for a safari specifically to photograph wildlife. To maximize the experience I went with one other photographer who had been there several times before and we hired our own Land Cruiser and driver. Put our own itinerary together and stayed out sun up to sun down for 11 days. The local safari company we used was great, knowledgeable, and reasonable.

We arrived in Nairobi and was picked up by our driver and drove to the town of Karen for the night. Visited the elephant orphanage and giraffe manor then off to Lake Nakuru National park for 2 nights. We then drove to the Maasai Mara, stayed at Nyumbu Camp for 2 nights, Governors Camp for 2 nights, then at Mara Serena Lodge for 3 nights. This allowed us to experience the different regions of the Mara. What a wonderful experience! I came back with over 8500 images. The only thing I would change next time is to figure out how to get a couple days at Samburu.

Below is a link to some pictures from the trip.

https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/23103

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G