Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Israel-Tele Needs

samrat54

Calhoun, US
246 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
samrat54 Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2003
Sun 26-Aug-12 02:21 AM

My wife and I will probably be taking a tour of Israel early next year. Since this is a coach tour with the usual limited space and time that goes with such, I'm trying to take the best quality/most efficient/lightest kit that I can that will fit in a Domke F802. (An oxymoron in its own right.) My normal travel kit would include a D700, 20-35/2.8, 50/1.4, and either the 80-200/2.8 or 80-400 VR and probably in this case either a 16/2.8 fish or 14/2.8. I'm wondering if there is a need for the extra weight of those larger zooms. If there are not many tele opportunities, I could easily carry the old 28-200 for extra reach when needed. (I'm well aware of the trade-offs involved.) Obviously, I could just take the 28-200 and go really light, but I would like to have some better glass--especially on the wide side. I will take the P7000 for a back-up. It goes with me everywhere when I travel for business.

What say ye who have travelled in that part of the world? Thanks for you insight.

Sam

A Georgia Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Israel-Tele Needs