Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do you publish your photos on the Internet?

kj_fi

Vantaa, FI
326 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kj_fi Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2007
Mon 22-Oct-12 10:46 AM

It seems that a few people are asking how to share/show images on the Internet or wonder how much it might cost. I have been a software designer myself for more than 20 years and have experience on creating web sites as well.

I believe there are more than one way to share images with various image size, quality and sharing cost requirements. Sure, it takes a little time to learn the basics of HTML used to write web pages or to manage a web site but it isn't rocket science either. Therefore, I often recommend setting up your own site instead of using picture sharing sites.

Naturally, I manage my own web sites myself to share my images; how do you share your images on the net? What are the primary reasons why you decided to share your images the way you do?

Kari

Poll result (16 votes)
I don't publish my photos at all or only occasionally.
(1 votes)Vote
I upload them to Facebook, Google+, Picasa, or similar site, which takes care of managing and showing them.
(2 votes)Vote
I have a custom web site created for me and let the webmaster to manage the images.
(0 votes)Vote
I have created my own web site (from scratch or from a template) and I create and manage the image shows myself.
(11 votes)Vote
I have a domain/web site where I upload and manage images to share them with friends and others but I do not set them up as shows (e.g., using just folders).
(0 votes)Vote
I share my images directly through my own computer.
(2 votes)Vote

G