Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Selling Photos From Web

lawelles

US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lawelles Registered since 20th Nov 2010
Thu 12-Jul-12 11:51 PM | edited Fri 13-Jul-12 12:12 AM by lawelles

Hello,

I currently have a small website - lawelles.com -that I created when I left my prior job and needed something so show people. The plan was that I would work as a site designer/photographer.

Reality was that I signed up as a Real Estate photographer (fun, and I get paid for it!) and only found a little web design work. Not that I tried too hard . . . but I digress.

I am occasionally offered a photography job outside of the Real Estate realm, and today I had a last minute "can you take a group photo of graduates?" There were only 22 of them, and no individual shots, so I said sure, and took the job.

So I find myself in need of a site where I can sell photos.

What does everyone recommend? I've set up a temporary site at Smugmug.

And the big question - what are the chances of my actually selling anything? Seriously.

Today's shoot was a little different: the school photographer was not able to make it, so she asked me (I had met her photographing her home for sale). The usual process is that the school photographer lets them download the photo for no charge. But in the future (like the kids BD party I did recently), it would be nice to point prospective customers to a site where they can buy photos.

Lynn
lawelles.com and my Nikonians gallery.

G