Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Coolscan 900 questions

zsquadguy

8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zsquadguy Registered since 11th Mar 2007
Fri 16-Mar-07 05:56 AM

This is hard to explain so please bear with me...

I scan in a 120 negative. It is too dark. I want to get the best scan possible and put the finishing touches (sharpening etc.) in Photoshop. So, all I want to do is capture as much information as possible. If I adjust the histogram, it does not change some parameter on the scanner that will lead to a better scan. It just effects the image that was already scanned. Right? If I increase the amplitude and rescan, does it make the scanner lights brighter so that more light passes through the negative and captures more detail, or is it just making changes to the (already scanned) image.

So, what I'm asking is: You scan the negative once and save it then make changes in Photoshop, or can you improve the actual scan? What is the work flow?

Thanks!

Craig

G