Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

canon vs epson from 4x6 to panoramic

biographie

Albuquerque, US
618 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
biographie Registered since 19th Sep 2002
Tue 01-Apr-03 09:26 PM

tried to do a search and was coming with nothing on this topic:

i am looking into a new printer. i know the new epson 2200 will do banner size prints. however, i have heard thru the grapevine, that it will not print banner size on mac os x machines. can anyone confirm this? if so, why not?!? kind of crappy IMHO. any other options epson decided not to give mac os x users?

will the new canon printer (i9100 ?) print banner size? if not, is canon planning to in future models? i have seen some of the prints coming off a s9000, they look great. i am just worried that canon is not taking the photo printers as seriously as epson. is canon planning on making longer lasting inks? is canon planning on trying to kick everyone's butts in the printer field the way they advanced the camera and lens field? or are they just sticking to consumer level models? (FYI - i love my nikon gear, but canon did come out with many of these great new 'nikon' lens features first)

i understand i may be asking questions that only an insider at canon may know (or just someone well connected). i just want to pick a printer that will handle 90% of my desires. i have a feeling the 2200 fits the bill, but those os specific options, that is just nuts!

biographie
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10274">My Nikonians Image Gallery

G