Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Where to go from here? Upgrading R1800

ultrafast

New York, US
595 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ultrafast Basic Member
Mon 02-Oct-06 12:05 PM

Hi,

My R1800 has more or less handed in its resignation and needs to be replaced. I have more or less decided that I would like to move to a 17" width printer to be able to make 16x24" prints at home. Also, I gather that the price per square inch is much lower with a professional printer than with the Epson R1800.

As I see it I have just a couple of options:

-Epson Stylus Pro 4800 ($2000)
-Epson Stylus Pro 3800 ($1400)
-Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5000 ($2000)

I am leaning away from the 3800 because of the lack of support for pages longer than 22". This leaves the 4800 and the canon. Does anyone here have experience with both of these printers? I have not heard too much about the canon, but what I have heard is pretty good, does anyone have a recommendation there? So far I am thinking the Epson is a better buy because the roll holder is included, as is a FULL set of cartridges, unlike with the canon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to get a new printer pretty soon.

THANKS!

www.incandescent-earth.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G