Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 2200 - READY TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!!

Bongo

149 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bongo Registered since 02nd Apr 2002
Mon 03-Mar-03 01:47 AM

I own both the EPSON 2200 AND THE ePSON 1280. Both are excellent printers in terms of the resolution. However, when it comes to the EPSON 2200, I am FED UP with the green cast that my pictures have when viewed in daylight. When I print my pictures and view them inside using regular light bulbs, the colors are great. However, when I view my pictures in daylight, they have a substantial green cast on them. Now, you can image the problem that this poses when you are displaying pictures for sale in an art festival held out in the open. No one is going to want to buy a picture with a green cast on them. I have never experienced this problem with the EPSON 1280. I love the 1280! The colors are better than the 2200 and when a picture from the 2200 is viewed at an angle. there is bronzing which is very anoying! Now, I understand that the 2200 produces archival prints that will last for many many years, but honestly I cannot be concerned with how a picture is going to look 50 years from now when I cannot sell the picture today because of the green cast on it.

If anyone knows how to fix the green cast problem on the epson 2200, PLEASE, PLEASE ADVISE - before I throw the printer out my window!

Thanx
Ed

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 2200 - READY TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!!

G