Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson Stylus Color 900...dying.

N80

Rock Hill, US
8786 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
N80 Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 02-Mar-03 02:52 AM

My Epson Stylus Color 900 seems to be dying and I'm wondering if anyone can help me resuscitate it. I first noticed a problem when I was getting ready to make a print. I always print a test pattern to make sure everything is working and there was no red ink on the test pattern. The Epson color cartridge was very low on ink and getting old so I replaced it with a brand new Epson color cartridge, no off brand cartridges. And yes, I got all the tape off of it. Same result, perfect test strip but no red ink, not a speck. Multiple cleanings reveal same result. Attempts to print images with lots of red reveal horrible results with no red at all. I've popped the cartridge in and out several times. Cleaned a few more times. I even cleaned the little nipple that goes up into the cartridge off with a q-tip...nothing.

While this isn't Epson's finest printer it has served me well, it has a very small droplet size, does great B&W with quadtone inks....so I don't want to let it go and I'm not in a position to buy a new printer. I'm up the creek unless someone has any ideas.

What really bothers me is that I paid a lot for this printer (3 years ago) primarily for the small droplet size but also for that fact that it was tauted as a high duty cycle printer....it was supposed to last a long time. It really has had light duty and I'm a bit pissed right now. (Oh, Epson's tech support line _isn't_ toll free!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George Barron

My Nikonians Gallery is here:
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1091

G