Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson stylus 950 Photo 950 Colour corrections

Yachtsman

Salisbury, UK
551 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Yachtsman Registered since 10th Jun 2006
Sun 11-Jun-06 08:59 PM

I use a lot of Epson Premium glossy 255gr/m2 paper. I have an uncalibrated Samsung flat screen 910N monitor and have found that to produce a print that matches the image in Photoshop 7 using Adobe RGB (1998)I have to dial in a magenta correction of minus 16.

This does seem a bit over the top. Epson are telling me things I already know but are unable or unwilling to say whether its due to the uncalibrated monitor or some printer related problem. I always use Epson inks. The usual printer checks only prove that the printer is working as it should.

Apart from a plus 2 brightness and an occasional plus 1 or 2 contrast correction, which would make sense with an overbright and contrasty monitor, I am happy with the final prints except the magenta setting I'm forced to use.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Richard

G