Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JoeN

Haverhill, US
739 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JoeN Registered since 03rd Nov 2005
Wed 16-Jan-08 02:14 PM

I would like to know if this image appears, overall, blue/gray or slightly golden to you, and if you have a calibrated monitor.

I suppose this is all trivial given my printing methods, but after calibrating with the spyder2express, the image I was using for my desktop showed a moderate change in color tone. I currently use my local Walgreens for printing, through their internet site. I would love to use a printer with a profile, but Drycreek's site lists the closest to me being 45 minute drive each way.

With no post processing, I uploaded this image to have printed, and it matches my UN-calibrated monitor almost perfectly, both looking bluish gray in tone. After calibrating, the image took on a golden tone, which given shooting conditions, I would say golden would be correct, but I do not remember personally.

Image taken about 2.5 hours prior to sunset on an extremely hazy day, D70/18-200VR, f16-1/320 ev -0.7 srgb mode 1. and yes, it is time to clean the sensor again.

thank you all in advance.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Click on image to view larger version

Hey Joe! Where you goin with that Nikon in your hand?

You wont catch me messin 'round with another brand.

Flickr Images - My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: quick poll