Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Calibrated my monitor and going berserk

vultureacs

Strasbourg, FR
784 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
vultureacs Basic Member
Wed 05-Apr-06 01:15 PM

So I got my colorvision Spyder2 plus in the mail today and calibrated my monitor as indicated.

I am using photoshop CS and have set the default color space to Adobe RGB. So far so good.

Now when I'm working in photoshop CS, there's the option to proof to a certain color space. Should I set this to the profile I generated with the spyder or not?
I'm confused because windows color management is already set to the new profile for my monitor.

What do I do when I open a document that has a different color space? Should I convert it to the working space, should I leave it as is?

The product also contains software for matching your monitor and printing. If my understanding of this is correct I should select the document color space as source space and the generated printer profile as the print space, whilst turning off all color management in the printer driver. Is this correct?

I've tried to find these answers by reading the (rather poor) documentation and some websites on color management, but the information is confusing and sometimes contradictory.

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm using Windows XP.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G