Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson Stylus C80 vs. Stylus photo 820

linuxizer

Birmingham, US
449 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
linuxizer Basic Member
Mon 06-May-02 09:00 PM

I'm stuck deciding between these two. Looking to spend about $100 to $120, and I imagine I can find both of these for that price range. So, the difference comes down to:
4 ink (C80) vs. 6
180 nozzle monochrome head vs. 48
DuraBrite ink (pigment) vs. LightFast photo ink
8.26x10.76" printing vs. borderless

The main use, however, will be for printing papers, websites, etc. Thus I am leaning towards the C80, as it appears to have advantages for photos to offset every one of the 820's advantages. The 180 nozzle monochrome head is particularly appealing, as are the pigment based inks. However, borderless printing would be nice, as would 6 ink printing.

Has anyone compared the two directly? I've heard people say that the 6-ink process makes all the difference; but then again, others say they can't tell the difference. Help!

Thanks,
Ari

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson Stylus C80 vs. Stylus photo 820