Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What is the difference between 820 and 890??

bedwards

Richmond, CA
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bedwards Registered since 12th Mar 2002
Sat 06-Jul-02 08:00 PM

Hi. I am just getting used to my Coolscan IV, and would like to start printing with an Epson printer. Before I plunk down the cash, what is the major difference between these two? Do they both produce the same quality output? Would I be better served to save some money and go with the 820, or does the 890 justify the extra cost. To give a little background, all I want to do is print up to 8x10. I plan on picking my best images (colour and black and white), and desire to produce a fine quality print. Archival quality is not a primary concern at this point, but overall print quality is the #1 concern. I just don't want to spend more money than I really need to at this point. Perhaps I can justify it in the future, but not right now. Thanks for any advice / input. ciao.

G