Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Confused about Monaco Optix Xr profile results?

zztop252

US
73 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zztop252 Registered since 24th Jul 2004
Sun 15-Jan-06 12:25 PM

Yesterday, I used the Monaco Optix Xr software/calibrater and made a profile for my CRT monitor. I used the "calibrate and profile" option. I set the temp to 6500K (CRT default is 9300K) and the gamma to 2.2. Everything seemed to go smoothly. The monaco profile showed up as the default profile under the color management tab in windows XP. Then I restarted my computer to see how I did.

Well, to my surprise, none of the colors have changed. I mean they are exactly the same. The only difference is that the monitor screen is quite a bit brighter now. Not washed out, but heading that way. So now I am left wondering if I managed to do something wrong.

I did notice that there are three screen brightness changes when I start up Windows XP. The original screen is fairly bright. Then the pop up tells me that Monacogamma is loading and the screen goes a little darker (which seems to match my prints). There is a third change where the screen goes bright again just like it was initially when XP started. I only expected two changes, the first one being the original radeon 9250 video card settings and the second one being the Monacogamma settings that result from the LUT. Am I mistaken?

Shouldn't I see some type of color change? Am i overlooking something?

Michael

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Confused about Monaco Optix Xr profile results?

G