Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Profiles for Epson R800/1800

zeButcher

Fredericksburg, US
733 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005
Fri 06-Jan-06 04:42 PM

Just purchased a R800, and after playing with it a bit, have determined the color profiles that come with it exhibit contouring in certain color regions. I'm using both the premium glossy and enhanced matte papers and the supplied profiles for each. The glossy is certainly less prone to it than the matte, but still has enough to concern me.

Has anyone built custom profiles for these device/paper combinations or the 1800 (same inks/head technology) that have improved the quality of output? I have all the gear/software needed to build new profiles, but not the time to waste on it if it is simply a hardware/paper limitation.

The profiles packaged by Epson were said to be custom built using GMB products, so I had some expectation they would be pretty good out of the gate.

Thanks,

Tim

"The EYES have IT"

Tim Lucente
Click HERE to see my online galleries.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Profiles for Epson R800/1800