Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Humidifier for P4000

HBB

Phoenix, US
8783 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Mon 26-Dec-05 07:47 PM

With the very dry winter season upon us in Phoenix, I finally tired of running test prints every day or two in an effort to keep the P4000 heads unclogged.

I found a small, rectangular plastic bowl about five by nine inches and a couple inches deep. I placed a new cellulose sponge saturated with distilled water in it and placed the tray on the print head rails beside the parked print head when I shut the printer down for the day. I keep a plastic dust cover over the printer when not in use. I also placed a small relative humidity gauge along side the plastic tray so I can read it with the printer cover shut and the dust cover in place. Finally, I printed a five by eight inch sign in large red letters reading: "Remove Humidifier Before Printing!" which I placed on the printer lid covering the on/off switch.

After two days with this humidifier in place, the relative humidity inside the printer is a constant 54 percent or so, considerably above the ambient relative humidity in the room.

The plastic tray includes a tight fitting cover which I will attach while printing to keep the sponge from drying out.

I plan to test the printer tomorrow and see if it remains unclogged.

More later,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Humidifier for P4000