Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printing 4x6 on Epson 2200P

N0KIN

US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
N0KIN Registered since 05th Aug 2002
Tue 11-Feb-03 07:27 AM

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone here will have solutions to my printing problems below:

I just finished installing Photoshop 7.0 (Windows) & setting up the Epson 2200P printer. I printed an image on 8.5 x 11" sheet, and it came out fine. However, when I tried to resize the image to print on Epson 4X6 perforated cut sheets, the image was printed off-centered with one side being outside of the perforated border (bottom in landscape orientation). The print preview shows everything being in the center of the print area as they should be. What did I miss?

Basically, all I did was taking an image, resized it to 4" x 6" using Image->Resize. However, when printed, Photoshop warned me "..image is larger than print area, clipping may occur..." and the printed image only came out to about 3.75" x 5.5" (with off-centered problem mentioned above). If the selected media is Epson 4x6, the image size is less than or equal to that media size, and print previews show final image inside print area, why am I still getting that warning and that output? How do I get a true 4x6 print?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any inputs.

Luke

------------
Got Film?

G