Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

When I'm not using the Coolscan V

RJLOMMD

Owings Mills, US
283 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 06th Jul 2004
Sat 08-Jan-05 04:43 PM

What a suprise! Just had my 60th Birthday dinner last night and one of the gifts was a COOLSCAN V. I successfully installed it this morning and have already scanned some old negatives!!

Gone now will be the cost of getting my pictures on a CD! Straight into the digital world will selected images go!

But I do have one question that I do not see addressed in the manual or in the flash-media demo CD.

When I'm not using the Scanner, should the power be turned off? Most of my equipment (printers, flatbed scanner, etc.) is usually left on in the ready mode. Is that also true of this Coolscan? Are there any parts, lamps, etc. which might overheat if the unit is left on?

As always, I'd appreciate any assistance and advice.

R.J.L
Owings Mills, MD
----------------------
enjoying 40+ years "playing through the viewfinder"...but now getting more serious about making pictures

R.J.L
Owings Mills, MD

Nikonians Gallery
Picasa Gallery
PBase Gallery

----------------------
enjoying many years "playing through the viewfinder"...but now getting more serious about making quality images.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: When I'm not using the Coolscan V

G