Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printer For D-100

hestaman

Glenside, US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hestaman Basic Member
Wed 16-Jan-08 02:13 PM

I am currently in the market for a digital camera. After much research, I have decided that the D-100 is the camera for me. Photography is a hobby for me - not a profession, and this will already be hitting the bank account hard after software, MicroDrive, and speedlight are added.

My question: Is there a reasonably priced Dye-Sub printer that doesn't limit me to 4x6 prints? I was really quite impressed with the output from the Sony line of prosumer digital printers - I had the pleasure of seeing some prints from a local photography outlet. I saw prints from Sony's DPP-SV55 and DPP-SV77. Really not much difference in quality, though the SV77 had a color LCD display. I hear there is a new printer coming out with a CD-R drive included.

The pictures where quite nice, however, the more time that passes, the more I am bothered by the thought of being confined to 4x6 prints. I can't afford to spend more than a few hundred dollars for the printer. I'm also scared about investing in an ink jet printer - I have several digital images printed on ink jet that are fading quickly.

I will be making this purchase probably next spring. Is there anything on the Horizon that I should keep my ears up for?

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Printer For D-100