Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson paper profiles

Cmyers

Charlottesville, US
642 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cmyers Basic Member
Fri 22-Nov-02 06:13 PM

As some of you may know who have gone to the Epson USA site you may have noticed the lack of any kind of profiles for the 1280 aside from the Colorlife 1440 and 2880. Most likely it's the same with many of the photo printers on this site. It's rather difficult to match a print to the monitor without a profile. Why do they do this? Epson truely is a mystery at times.
Just like the 2100 (European version of the 2200) was shipped with a Gray Balancer which lets you fine tune monochrome prints, and the US version is completely void of this nice package.
On the Epson UK website you can download the profiles for most of the Epson papers for printers: 1290 (1280), 2000P, 790, 810, 890, 895, 950, and 10000. These are for Windows only, however.

The site address is:
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/download/pim.htm#icc

I've used the 1290 colorlife profile and compared it to the downloaded colorlife 1440 profile from Epson USA for the 1280 and the 1290 is a closer match always.

So any of you needing profiles and not wanting to spend money on a profiling system, just dl these and remember the 1280 IS the 1290 follow the instructions and go. Just choose the profile as the print source space and one more very important this. IGNORE what the preview window shows the image as looking like. The final print should be very very close to the image in Pshop.

Hope this helps some folks.

Chris

Chris, now a complete digital convert, but still miss my F5, Myers

Http://MyersPhotoImaging.com

My Profile
View the rest of the Nikonians Team Here

G