Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 2200 Solution

danshep

Olympia, US
1629 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
danshep Gold Member Charter Member
Thu 05-Dec-02 02:30 AM

I have finally gotten a solution to my problem with the 2200 and printing 13x19.

I have gotten superior quality prints in 13" x 19" on the watercolor matte paper, but it ripples. I have gotten several suggestions, including putting them in blotter paper and curling them over a roll of paper towel.

One of the graphics experts at work had another totally different suggestion: use the luster paper.

It is more expensive ($2.00 per sheet), but it really works. No ripple, from the time I take it out of the printer, to when it dries.

It is better quality paper, too.

It seems to me though, that there is a flaw in the ability to print the watercolor matte. Perhaps that is because I live in a place, where the relative humidity is usually 92% (state of Washington).

"Today is the tomorrow that yesterday you spent money like there was no."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G