Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Paper cutter VS Mat cutter?

Bug

Michigan, US
237 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007
Mon 11-Nov-13 05:42 AM

Over the weekend I needed to print and cut about two dozen 5 x 7 prints from 8.5 by 11 sheets of photo paper.
Normally I used a cheap hobby shop plastic plate to cut photo paper to size. Most of the time I end up tarring some of the edges, because I need to cut back and forth, but they do get covered up by the mat board.

I was looking on line for something better, maybe a guillotine cutting board, but I see that a matt board cutters can also be used to make a clean cut a single sheets of photo paper.

My current mat board cutter can only cut 29'' 3/4 wide and obviously could not cut a full standard sheet of 40 x 32" mat board. There has only been a few times that I needed matting greater than 30 inches and then I use the local framing shops to help me with the larger size. BUT cutting photo paper is getting to be a pain.

my question regarding cutting larger sheets of photo paper 13 x 19, would it better to use a guillotine type of handle held single sheet cutter for the rare 13x19 photo paper or invest in a better 40" mat cutter (or larger) ? Then Logan or Rototrim brand name?

Thanks as always
Don

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Paper cutter VS Mat cutter?

G